- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our aircraft interiors client in Bournemouth is looking for up to 5 contract Design Engineer to join their team. This role is INSIDE IR35.
3 months rolling
Working within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver innovative design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations and suitability for manufacturing.
* Prepare all necessary documents, such as specifications, mechanical drawings, and reports related to aircraft seating
* Work under the direction of the lead with outside vendors, internal departments and other engineering disciplines for compliant, airworthy products
* Work on drawing deviations through CAD, considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
* Support change management through research, concepts, design reviews, trade studies, impact analysis and implementation.
* Work with internal stakeholders to assist with production investigating, troubleshooting, and resolution of build and test issues.
* Support statement of work and bids for new customer requests.
* Provide extensive coordination with suppliers and internal support groups
* Work in project teams designing new products, ensuring they will meet reliability and airworthiness standards to perform consistently in specified operating environments
* Provide input to root cause analysis and proposed solutions
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The successful job holder will be expected to perform varying tasks as required by their line manager & the overall objectives of the organisation.
Key Performance Measures:
* Design to cost, weight & airworthiness
* Adherence to configuration management
* Part number commonality measures
* CPI measurement (time management, adherence to plan, scope change)
Trying to design an airworthy product while maintaining standardised hardware, yet being innovative, with considerations to keeping weight and costs down while meeting airworthiness requirements
Knowledge, Education & Experience
* Proficient with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and computer-aided design
* Ability to provide input to technical solutions on a wide range of problems, understanding manufacturing principles
* General knowledge of applicable regulatory certification rules (desirable)
* Working knowledge of mechanical and interior design guidelines for CFR Part 25 aircraft (desirable)
* Hold a relevant Engineering degree/relevant Apprenticeship (or equivalent) or a minimum of 2 years working in an engineering environment
Skills and competencies required:
* Self-starter, able to decompose moderately complex projects into individual tasks and processes.
* Organised individual, able to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional individuals, departments and organisations with a general good attitude and disposition
* Ability to work under pressure
* A high level of technical and practical knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to applied problem solving;
* Creative ability to apply practical solutions within the constraints of weight, cost, schedule and compliance
* Experience in computer-aided design and software, such as AutoCAD, CATIA, Solid Works and PLM systems etc. (desirable)
* Previous experience of contributing to the completion of specific programs and projects
Key Relationships & Interaction:
Internal Relationships & Interactions:
Programme Management, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, HSE, HR
External Relationships & Interactions:
Direct customer interactions, OEMs (Airbus & Boeing) and external Supply Chain
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.