- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, one of the UK's leading suppliers of powertrain solutions to the automotive/motorsport industry, are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis in Leamington Spa.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of NPI engineering projects to both manufacturing and assembly operations.
The role ensures excellent two-way communication of expectations, requirements, delivery of results against project targets, developing timelines, and managing project teams.
The role is focused on concurrently delivering a variety of NPI projects from customer make to print, full life cycle Motorsport projects or automotive start of production.
Post entry into service and successful hand over to operations, the role also retains some customer account management
As a Project Manager your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Overall leadership of projects, responsible for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Managing project risk and commercial exposure along with ownership of all project issues.
- Being the customer interface for the project, establishing strong and effective customer relationships.
- Interfacing with all areas of the business for the project, establishing strong and effective internal relationships.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with internal project management processes, including Product Development System.
- Managing and monitoring project scope and leading customer negotiations on changes.
- Supporting preparation of customer proposals (scope of work, timing, costs).
- Depending on the project worked on, the role may involve some travel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hands on approach to Project Management.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A good understanding of mechanical or electrical systems, manufacturing processes, commercial aspects of engineering project execution and sales proposals.
- A demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers.
- Proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills to support continuous growth with strategic customers.
- Degree-qualified (or equivalent), currently delivering projects in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
- A professional project management background and ideally be APM qualified.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project.
- A natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function.