- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Our client, one of the UK's leading suppliers of powertrain solutions to the automotive/motorsport industry, are currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in Leamington Spa.
Our clinet are looking for a pro-active individual to join their current team of professionals in this hands-on role which will tangibly improve the quality performance of the business. We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer for the manufacturing quality team. Experienced in batch precision machining and being a dynamic problem solver is essential to delivering success in this role.
Working with the Quality Engineering & Inspection Teams it involves supporting the operations, focusing on internal improvement activities along with efficiently delivering day to day activities. This will drive improvements to our Total Cost of Quality (TCoQ), On Time In Full (OTIF) delivery & other KPI's. You will be working closely with the other quality assurance team members as well as manufacturing team leaders, product leaders & manufacturing engineers.
- Experienced in operating in a precision machining batch environment
- Strong leadership and motivational skills to drive improvements in all areas of responsibility from productivity to cost reduction
- Expert problem solver with extensive experience of implementing effective long-term improvement.
- Excellent communicator at both the shop floor level and presenting data/action plans to senior management
- Tenacious individual who can work in a team environment and make a positive difference to KPIs and the Quality Culture
- Fully proficient in DMAIC, 8D, 5Y, 7 wastes or other improvement tools.
- Fully conversant with engineering drawings and GD&T
- Knowledge of optimising inspection processes and equipment utilisation
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team to maximise the challenges of this position is essential
Beneficial Qualifications & Experience
- A background of precision machining of steels & castings would be advantageous
- Knowledge of gears and gear geometry would be an advantage
- Have working knowledge of , 6 sigma, GR&R,, SPC, DoE
- Understanding of ISO9001, AS9100D, ISO14000 and ISO45000
- Degree, HNC or equivalent with engineering content
- Show a proactive and innovative approach to supporting the team, thrive on problem solving and have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the business. Be willing to go the extra mile when required to achieve delivery dates and quality improvements.
Due to the nature of this role support production, this role will be based onsite at Leamington Spa, Monday to Friday. No shift work is required for this position.