- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Electrical Systems Design Engineer
We are looking to speak with experienced PLC systems and Electrical design engineers with history of designing LV and PLC panels. This role is based in Dublin at the clients state of the art facility.
- Existing right to work in Ireland
- +2 years' experience in drawing of 2D Electrical schematics for LV/PLC panel.
- +2 years' experience in designing LV panels and PLC panels (1ph/3ph Distribution Board panel, PLC control panel etc) To be able to design internal layout of the panel with all relevant protections, electrical modules and terminations
- +2 years' experience in PLC programming
- Good knowledge of all BUS protocols e.g MODBUS RTU, TCP/IP
- Good knowledge of any controller trouble shooting procedures and steps
About the role
- Work with sales and project engineering to provide technical feedback into the sales proposal. Ensure the engineering solutions created are workable and deliverable within the overall build. Seek and communicate potential future sales opportunities.
- Clarify customer expectations and ensure, in consultation with Lead Engineer and site services, that the project requirements can be met to agreed time lines and within cost, quality and safety standards.
- Work with Project Engineers in developing the project execution plans and programmes. Produce work schedules and ensures they accurately reflect the costs of the specialist engineering resource allocated in the project. Ensure consideration of risk, which reflects in planning
- Provide technical expertise, identify and resolve engineering issues that could impact on completion.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Engineer through the design approval process. Amend and improve designs where compliance issues are identified and ensure design changes are reflected in the project documentation.