- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, one of the UK's leading supplier of products & solutions to the Automotive industry, are currently looking for a Technical Writer to join them on an initial 3-month contract to support business process change.
Our clients' business has merged three regional businesses in to one and needs to take the best of its policies and processes in to one well organised and structured document set based in a SharePoint based intranet. This documentation will form the backbone for operating the business and complying with several ISO standards.
To achieve this, our client has a requirement for a temporary role to facilitate and support the migration along with the process owners, many of whom will be engineering professionals.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with process owners to identify existing process documentation, refresh it in line with current best practice in the business and update to standard templates,
- Facilitate review and publication of the completed documents,
- Support development of training materials,
- Support setting up and permission setting for sub sites within the main SharePoint site,
- Ensure consistent use of templates to aid user acceptance and look and feel.
- Reports to the Global QHSE Director, Automotive & Industrial,
- Supported by Group Risk Manager - the plc QHSE leader,
- Working with functional leads throughout the business, globally dispersed.
- Good written technical English,
- Strong analytical and logical approach, well organised,
- Good with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio,
- Understanding of SharePoint functionality,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and persistence,
- Able to report progress to senior stakeholders,
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
Suitable candidates could include:
- Engineering or business students seeking work experience,
- Technical authors,
- Quality management systems professionals.
This position will be based working onsite at Shoreham-by-Sea, with a hybrid approach to work - therefore flexibility to work from home will be accommodate, but the candidate would be required to be onsite for some of the week to undertake their role.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.