- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
£16 - 19 p/h
£16 - 19 p/h
A major of client of ours are looking for a number of experienced Electricians to join their growing team in the Bristol area.
Reporting to the Installation Manager and coordinated by the Contracts Engineers, Site Managers and Site Supervisors, you will be responsible for the Electrical installation / maintenance of industrial equipment, plant and associated ancillary materials on Flood Defences, Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations, Flood Defence Structures and Chemical Dosing Systems.
- Carrying out PPM (planned preventive maintenance) and electrical installations on Environment Agency sites consisting of MCC's, level instrumentation, pumps, motors, actuators and building services.
- Delivering electrical installations on schedule and within budget on both clean and sewage water sites
- Be responsible for the Health & Safety of themselves & others.
- Emergency call out - fault finding
- Part of an Electrical & Mechanical Team - assisting mechanical trades when required
- Populating and completing site documentation.
- Check goods delivered to site are supplied as per order
- Identifying changes to the works information and reporting to the Project Engineer / Supervisor
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completed an industry assessed apprenticeship
- Able to interrogate level instrumentation to record and adjust parameters
- Able to interrogate actuators to record and adjust parameters / limits
- Able to work on their own initiative and be confident in making decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical drawings and schematics
- Innovate, providing suggestions and ideas to the Project Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Testing & Inspection C&G 2391 an advantage but not a necessity.
- 17th Edition wiring regulations to BS7671 standard is essential, 18th Edition wiring regulations to BS7671 standards, an advantage.
- Experience on installation of SWA, Tray, Trunking, Conduit etc
- Knowledge of instrumentation used in the water industry
- Experience in control and automation (desirable)
- ATEX experience (desirable)
- Profibus experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of PLC desirable (desirable)
- ECS, SSSTS, Confined Space Training, EUSR (Clean Water Hygiene) an advantage. Any training shortfalls will be provided
If the role is of interest please email or call 01489 884362