- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Matchtech are currently recruiting for a Project Controller on behalf of a large MOD contractor.
Project Controller - 12 month contract - Warton near Preston - £33.25ph UMB or £28.98ph PAYE (inclusive of holiday pay) (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a basic disclosure along with employment reference checks before starting.
You will be working at the forefront in the delivery of large, high value, technically complex and strategically important programmes. The role could be working on supporting next generation Tempest fighter aircraft or established in-service programmes such as F-35 and Typhoon. Key to these programmes is the requirement that we have reliable and predictable project control data enabling effective decision making to take place.
You will be part of a team of professionals using world-class project control techniques, providing expertise to support the Project Managers in the delivery of large, high value, technically complex and strategically important programmes.
What you'll be doing:
- Establishing and managing the project schedules
- Tracking spend and controlling project costs
- Implementing and utilising Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies
- Supporting the identification and management of risks and opportunities
- Analysing project information to enable early identification of problems and then implementing mitigation actions
- Driving ownership and managing change of the work scope tasks throughout the project team
- Operated a project control system to define progress and identify programme performance issues
- Experience creating and maintaining project schedules using toolsets such as MSP, Open Plan or P6
- Experience applying Earned Value Management techniques
* Demonstrable experience of risk, opportunity and change management