- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
QHSE Manager - Powertrain Test
Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems within Powertrain Test division.
QHSE Manager - Powertrain Test
Global Automotive EMEA business unit is actively seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic QHSE person to join the Powertrain Test Senior Leadership Team. They will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Management Systems within Powertrain Test. This involves ensuring safe systems of work and behavioural practices to support Testing activities. The position provides QHSE guidance to the business and supports the operational processes to maintain and continually improve the safety culture and performance in line with the business unit's needs to comply with objectives in the short, medium, and long terms and in accordance with corporate governance/policy, customer contracts and other stakeholder expectations.
Key features of the job description are:
Reporting directly to the President of Test Services, the QHSE Manager will work alongside members of the Test Service Line Senior Leadership Team, and will have responsibility for the following:
- Local policy which is aligned to the EMEA Business unit and Group Policy.
- policy implementation and maintenance.
- ISO Accreditation and alignment with other Business Units.
- Driving positive improvement across the Team.
- Leading the Test Service Line QHSE internal audit programme and conducting audits to evaluate the effectiveness of systems, procedures and assessing compliance.
- Identifying and implementing improvements as necessary via liaison with local experts, site managers and other senior leadership teams.
- Helping to implement progress to net-zero.
- Resolving and/or escalating all QHSE issues in a timely fashion.
In respect of the candidate profile:
- An operationally focussed individual with relevant skills and experience in applying QHSE in a Test Operations (or similar) environment.
- Robust, pragmatic and solutions-driven, someone who will work with the wider QHSE team, Test Operations SLT and the entire Test Operations Team.
- Ability to direct, co-ordinate and engage with the above stakeholders to deliver continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the QHSE legal framework and its application in practice, relevant ISO standards (in particular ISO17025).
- Demonstrable knowledge of HV and battery safety, PED, PSSR, DSEAR, PUWER, Hazard and Risk Analysis, machine and process safety.
- Knowledge of structured problem solving, 8D etc.
- Awareness of evolving industry QHSE regulations, standards, and best practice and how they could be applied to the Test Service Line's operations.
- Knowledge of hydrogen systems in-vehicle and in-facilities is desirable.
- A "hands-on" implementer of processes and change with a sense of urgency.
Skills and qualifications:
- H&S Nebosh General Certificate/ Diploma Membership to IOSH.
- Proven QHSE expertise from testing environments.
- Excellent knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Strong leadership skills to constantly drive health, safety, environmental, and quality improvements
- Ability to participate in and facilitate Team meetings.
- Strong logical approach.
- Ability and experience of auditing.
- Excellence with presentation of critical information - excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commercially and legally aware, understanding of ESG and operational drive needed to deliver.
- Strongly motivational character with proven leadership ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation to achieve objectives with a team approach.