- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Power Electronics Engineer
An exciting Contract role OUTSIDE IR35 for an experienced Power Electronics Engineer to work for an innovative Automotive client working on Electric Vehicle applications.
This role is OUTSIDE IR35
Key Aspects of the role
- Design of electronic units and/or systems incorporating: low level analog, digital, high speed and high power MOSFET including SiC and multi-core 32-bit microcontroller circuitry
- Generation of detailed electronic design schematics and supporting PCB design layouts
- Generation of design verification documents to confirm compliance with national and international standards
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in accordance with company processes and procedures
- Support the delivery of unit and system FMEA and other electronics design validation activities
- Support project level engineering change control activities
- Delivery of engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- Lead prototype builds and provide electronic support for system test and integration
- Support the technical development of live projects and R&D products
- Support the creation of electronic technical proposals in support of business development activities
- Support processes and procedures for electronic hardware development
- Support company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality
- support product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels
- support functional safety compliance for safety critical systems at a hardware level
- Support of electronic validation activities
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
- Degree qualified in electronics engineering or similar
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience in for example Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace product development
- Electronic hardware design from concept to delivery, with a good understanding of electronic design requirements
- V lifecycle and systems engineering
- The design of functional safety compliant hardware and software, as per ISO 26262
- Electric and hybrid vehicle applications
- Energy storage systems e.g. batteries, fuel cells etc.
- High voltage and high power electronic systems
- Appreciation of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Good presentation, report writing and communication skills.