- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Network Engineer - 12 month contract - New Malden - (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for Networks Engineers to undertake a defined range of Network engineering design, development & test activities for their Type 26 programme. Duties will include:
- Responsible for various stages of the network development. This may include: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components.
- Ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network's performance meets the necessary requirements.
- Provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
What we are looking for in you:
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Switches and Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS or JNCIP certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. Solarwinds
- A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance.
And ideally knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008;
- Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
- Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
- This is a hybrid working role with site requirement 3 + days per week.
- Security requirements: SC
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.