- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Lead Design Engineer
Our construction sector client is seeking a Lead Design Engineer to join their Stafford based team working in the Water sector (full remote working is available).
Our construction sector client is seeking a Lead Design Engineer to join their Stafford based team working in the Water sector (full remote working is available)
The role will be responsible for several construction projects . The overall responsibility of the Lead Design Engineer is to ensure successful execution and completion of several projects, meeting defined timescales, quality standards and commercial objectives, managing relationship's internal and external whilst upholding our clients' core values. The role is for experienced Design Engineers who have the capability to take on greater responsibility. It can also be developmental role towards a Design Manager position.
- The Lead Design Engineer will ensure the successful completion of each project, respectively meeting the required engineering standards and commercial objectives whilst setting and maintaining high standards of health, safety, and environmental management.
- This will include managing and reporting technical and commercial governance through risk identification, reduction and mitigation strategies at project and programme level; maintaining excellent working relationships and acting as an ambassador for client with all stakeholders and clients and endeavouring to continuously improve standards of performance.
- The Lead Design Engineer will work with the Design Manager and project teams to review and manage multiple projects from cradle to grave and oversee/review the relevant project plans, business plans and procurement plans ensuring that: all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within agreed budgets; and that all engineering design and construction meets Business Management System (BMS) requirements.
- Review the establishment of the site and the plan for subcontractors and labour in relation to the business plan; during the project running phase make regular visits to monitor progress.
- Work closely with the Design Managers', and their teams they will: ensure compliance with the programme plan whilst reviewing the administration and all record keeping associated with each project; oversee all aspects of the project completion phase; review the project and the close out report with the respective Design Manager and identify the main issues for continuous learning and improvement.
- Responsibility for: the coordination of the M&E Design for each project; the M&E project team including design, engineering, and related commercial team members, Designers, and Subcontractors; the project team and the allocation of resources.
- Accountable (including reviews, direction, and reporting) for the: plan for training and development; regular review of the productivity on site; clear leadership and direction to the Design Manager and work together to motivate the team. This will also require the provision of ongoing support and direction to people during the project helping them to overcome problems and barriers to success; provision of regular updates on project progression to the Business Unit Design Manager and the facilitation and development of coaching and mentoring programmes.
- Track record of success in supporting a major contact of Business Unit and/or providing support to a professional function.
- Aware of individual Health and Safety responsibilities and adheres to company health and safety policy and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate alignment and work in line with the client values - Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration
- Commercial, business focused and pragmatic, able to work independently.
- Good organisational and negotiation skills. A flexible attitude to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- The ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Written reporting skills along with IT based adaptation for office site communication.
- Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly.
- Able to demonstrate relevant managerial and/or technical experience at a senior level.
- Desirable: Member of a relevant Professional Body and/or relevant qualification e.g., Appropriate CMgr or CEng
- Previous relevant business experience
- Knowledge of Environmental legislation
- Basic sub-contract processes - contract and commercial
- Basic appreciation and use knowledge of project management - programming, cash flow analysis, resource planning etc.
- Salary up to £70k depending on experience
- Remote working offered
- 8% pension (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Private medical insurance options
- 28 days plus bank holidays with the chance to buy further holiday
- Support professional development/cover cost of membership to relevant institution
- Save as you Earn, Employee Discount, Family and Wellbeing schemes
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.