- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Production controller required for a permanent position in Croydon ASAP, £35k - £40k per annum
RSL are recruiting for a production controller to start in Croydon on a permanent position.
- Planning of workshop activity, including overhauls and repair. Identify risks to meeting planned delivery dates and work with sales, workshop and supply chain to mitigate risk.
- Communicating to sales the completion dates for workshop activity on a regular basis as jobs progress through the day.
- Day to day liaison and problem solving with workshop on production issues.
- Raise production/service orders for the workshop either to a project schedule or adhoc as units arrive from customers, then plan in these orders to be worked on.
- Schedule components to arrive on time to meet customer order requirements in association with purchasing.
- Run shortage reports for the jobs to make sure parts are available on time.
- Liaison with sales on customer priorities and ensure systems are kept updated to reflect latest customer schedules.
- Sub contract buying and coordination of sub contract activities directly with suppliers.
- Process completed shop floor paperwork ensuring all labour and parts bookings are accurate.
- Arranging transportation for incoming/outgoing product as required.
- Deputises for the Production Manager in their absence
- Developing strategies to make production lines more efficient.
- Full participation in Production Meetings, including reporting job progress at production meetings and risks to completion duties.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Professional Experience & Education
- Degree or Engineering background is essential, good understanding of mechanical engineering processes or alternatively significant engineering experience in a previous role is required.
- Production control / planning experience is essential
Specific skills & Knowledge (Ex: Language, IT skills)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required
- Experience of an ERP systems essential
- Navision ERP system desirable (but not essential as training will be given)
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- £35k - £40k (dependant on experience)
- 36.5 Working week
- 20 days holiday (pro rata)
- Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
- Life Assurance 3 x salary
- Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
- Salary/Bonus Sacrifice
- Private Health Care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Other Benefits
If you're interested in this production controller job then please apply here with Olivia at Resourcing Solutions.