- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Design Manager (water/wastewater)
Our client is a global professional engineering services company specialising in water, energy and urbanisation. They are seeking a Senior Design Manager based out of one of their many UK offices (hybrid working) working on projects in Australia.
Our client is a global professional engineering services company specialising in water, energy and urbanisation. They are seeking a Senior Design Manager to be based out of one of their many UK offices (hybrid working) working on projects with Australian water companies.
Responsible for multi-disciplinary engineering coordination - lead and support the engineering design teams with the co-ordination of projects to enable the successfully delivery to budget and timescales. For international delivery projects working hours will need to accommodate time-zone differences and will be agreed on a project by project basis. This role would initially be working on a package of works with water companies based in Australia.
The Design Manager reports to a Service Group Manager and collaborates with all stake-holders cross discipline to achieve 'best for project' outcomes.
- Coordinates the preparation of the design criteria by the Team Leads ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets and controlled in accordance with company procedures and processes
- Participate to continuously review and improve the overall project strategy to meet design schedule and budget with the ability to support staging and phasing requirements.
- Responsible for implementing and following the project's Change Control system, including proactive escalation of potential changes
- Lead the creation and execution of design work plan and LOE.
- Maintain client contact and ensure that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements.
- Responsible for developing or verifying the technical scope of a project
- Responsible for producing a compliant, constructible design in accordance with Client requirements, Operation and Maintenance requirements and Construction requirements
- May serve as liaison between the site and engineering team during construction. Coordinates multidisciplinary problem-resolution resulted from non-compliance with drawings and specifications at the site
- Responsible for Quality Control of all deliverable submittals Identify and implement continuous improvements actions to internal working procedures.
- Ensure fluid communication and work in close collaboration with Design teams, Project Managers and all stakeholders ,
- Actively participates in the preparation and adherence to a schedule of deliverables, engineering budget.
- Convenes, chairs and documents interdisciplinary design coordination meetings and brings forward updates and any critical issues that impact external stakeholders to the Project Manager.
- Verifies that the schedule and budget data match the progress of the professional services throughout execution of the project.
- Provide guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- Maintain an awareness of existing and emerging technologies.
- Experience of Design Management within an Engineering environment
- May have experience of working within a 3D design environment and an ability to work to BIM protocols
- Knowledge of scheduling software and engineering and capital cost estimating techniques is a definite asset.
- Experience in Water/Wastewater Treatment, Solid Waste, or Transportation Infrastructure industries, either for private or public clients, is considered an asset.
- Honours degree in Civil Engineering or suitable equivalent degree
- Broad and extensive technical, administrative and project experience.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met.
- The ability to deal with uncertainty, changing and multiple priorities
- Take responsibility for personal development and support the learning of others.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Salary dependant on experience
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- 8% company pension (2% employee, 6% employer)
- Salary Sacrifice scheme
- Access to discounted Private Medical Insurance
- Group life assurance
- Health cash plan as well as other perks including cycle to work/corporate discounts
- Sick pay scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- Global purchase leave programme
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Full flexible working depending on requirements of the team/role (1/2 days commuting into a local office)
- Candidates must live in a commutable distance to one of our clients following offices: Leeds, Guildford, Chester, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham and York