- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
IT Solutions Architect
Matchtech's key client is looking for a Solutions Architect to join on an initial 12 month contract, this role will be mainly remote working and has been determined as inside IR35.
The solutions architect supports EA activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
The solutions architect provides the necessary analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
The Solutions Architect will demonstrate competencies across three key areas:
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences and understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes, whilst also understanding the need for tactical options.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent planning, organisational, analytical, and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of five years of experience across technical or infrastructure architecture and application architecture
- Understanding of network, service, and security architecture
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Knowledge and understanding of different modelling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate)
- Experience in deploying COTS applications on Microsoft technology platforms
- Knowledge and experience of migrating complex interoperable applications/services
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Experience working in a relevant industry is helpful, but not required
- Experience of working in an application transformation/migration programme
- Experience in designing solutions in the M365 platform
** You must be SC cleared / clearable to apply for this position **
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.