- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
TEMPEST Software Architect
Begin your career with Leonardo, working on the most exciting project within Defence!
Do you want to be a driving force in delivering a next generation capability as part of team TEMPEST?
Do you value flexible working with great benefits and an emphasis on work life balance?
Do you want to grow your career in an organisation with a wealth of support and opportunities?
Do you want to be able to lead software engineering solutions to turn this aircraft into a reality?
Do you want to influence at a requirements and architecture level to ensure effective deployment of innovative software and EW solutions?
This platform comes with its own set of exciting challenges. How to deliver rapid change, how to manage data in the cloud, data and resource management, and many more. Do you want to be at the forefront of solving these?
If so then you should apply for one of our TEMPEST SOFTWARE ARCHITECT roles.
What you will do?
What will a typical week look like?
- Engage with project stakeholders to determine system and software level requirements
- Collaborate in the architectural solutions at a platform to determine the software solutions that will be developed
- Influence the development approach considering design principles, modularity and reuse, best practice, toolchain and much more
What we are looking for?
Below is a list of skills for the role however, we favour behaviours and experience over a specific toolset, programming language etc so please use this as a guide not a requirement!
- UML Modelling
- Object Orientation
- Design Patterns
- Linux / VXWorks (Desirable)
- Requirements Engineering
- Network architectures and Ethernet protocols
- High integrity e.g. RTCA-DO178C