- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Reporting to the Capital Delivery Programme Manager for Water or Wastewater, the Programme Planner will be responsible for all planning and schedule management activities within the corporate planning tool. (Inside IR35, Umbrella rate given)
This will cover both briefed and unbriefed schemes, from concept and initial studies to full funding and project initiation to benefits realisation and closure. The Planner will ensure visibility and alignment with Thames Water's business plan and Performance Commitments throughout.
They will also act as an expert adviser, providing support and training to maintain agreed minimum standards and improve the quality of data used for upwards reporting. Close cooperation with the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) team and Asset Management is essential to ensure the corporate strategic objectives and benefits are represented in the schedules before they are passed to the Delivery Offices to own and develop further.
What will I be doing?
· Work with the IBP and Asset Management, within the PMO, to define and maintain programme management schedules within the agreed corporate planning tools (e.g. Microsoft Project/Oracle Primavera 6/PIM) and maintain a single programme view with the TW finance systems (e.g. SAP).
· Use an agreed set of assurance checks to enforce strong governance and reporting processes, giving full visibility and successful management of business deliverables, risks, benefits and opportunities.
· Provide the appropriate challenge during programme development to ensure the quality of information is accurate and aligned with the business' strategic direction.
· Initiate and develop good relationships with key stakeholders across the programme workstream and wider organisation, taking the initiative to communicate at frequent intervals.
· Align all budgeted and remaining cost forecasts for unbriefed funding and provide an overview of alignment for briefed funding. Report actuals and forecast in line with governance and the Value of Work Done (VOWD).
· Attend reviews with the Quadrant Programme Manager and Reporting Manager to agree cost profiles and baseline comparisons to update and align the baselines to be captured across the business.
· Work with the Benefits and Change leads to ensure compliance and maintenance of benefits forecasts and tracking across all projects, effectively prioritising objectives and agreed regulatory commitments to give full transparency to reported results.
· Provide business excellence support and training, particularly where there are compliance issues or skills shortages within the PMO and wider teams.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
· Significant experience in applied programme delivery planning experience
· Membership of a recognised body (e.g. APM/ Practitioner MSP/ Prince2/P3O/PPSO/ITIL).
· A track record in hands-on delivery planning, utilising various planning tools, with Oracle Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project as a minimum
· The confidence to manage teams and communicate at all levels, driving commitments and improvements to meet commercial and technical objectives and deadlines
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to analyse data and present findings to senior teams