The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Writing requirements for weapon integration, qualification, interface or testing
* Assessing, accepting and challenging supplier documents
* Managing weapon test vehicle assets
* Managing & supporting rig, aircraft ground and flight testing of particular weaons/stores.
* Writing loading and arming schedules
* Producing equipment Declarations of Design & Performance (G-DDP)
* Producing safety assessments for the weapon in the platform environment
* Answering customer technical queries
* Producing weapon qualification statements
* Meeting with customers and suppliers
* Ensuring all tasks are performed in accordance with Weapons Engineering governance requirements in terms of process, format, quality including the necessary reviews and signatories.
* To complete all assigned work packages to agreed timescales and budget. Work Packages should not be undertaken without the knowledge and agreement of the Section Leader and an appropriate funding source.
* Have an awareness of the cost implications of own actions and seek to improve efficiency by questioning relevant processes and work methods.
* Implementation of effective data filing and traceability on a day to day basis.
* To work within the agreed Quality system identified for the work package they are undertaking.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS:
Ø Educated to a Higher National Diploma (HND) and a willingness to complete part time education to a Degree Level in aerospace engineering or educated in a related technical field.
Ø Minimum of four years of experience in the technical discipline.
Ø Technical management experience, planning and control techniques would be advantageous.
Ø Knowledge of Typhoon or Tornado and its systems and/or solid background in aeronautical weapon systems interrelations and system integration.