- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
This vacancy is for the A1 in Northumberland, Morpeth to Ellingham; construction Summer 2022 - late 2024, with a scheme budget of £313m. The multidiscipline project involves the dueling of the A1 in Northumberland.
The role would be ideal for an Engineer with 3+ years site experience looking to take the next step in their career and manage a section of works on a complex highway contract and support and manage the development of Junior Engineering staff.
What You Will Be Doing
· Work within an integrated team of Costain and Jacobs and specialist supply chain personnel.
· Perform engineering and the technical advisor role for the packages of work that are assigned to you or within your allocated section of the scheme, providing engineering direction to subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives within your area of responsibility.
· Manage and mentor a team of site engineers, graduates and apprentices, providing direction, guidance and mentoring; building effective relationships and support junior staff in their development.
· Deliver and report against 3-week lookahead programme and raise any issues to your Senior Engineer
· Lead on setting out within your section or discipline of control
· Develop, prepare and review permits and quality documentation; ITPs, QRPs and the like.
· Ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
· Oversee the selection and requisition of materials
· Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
· Attending regular progress meetings to inform the wider team
· Carry out day-to-day engineering management of the site
· Carry out records of work including site diaries, output monitoring, progress reports, quality documentation etc.
· Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise and report them to your Senior Engineer
· Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng).
· Demonstrable experience delivering infrastructure projects.
· Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) mandatory.
· Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) preferable.
· Other relevant training (preferred includes Appointed Person, relevant lifting training, and temporary works co-ordination) to be listed on CV.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
· Willing to mentor and develop junior staff