- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Financial Accountant - BAE084107
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, dependable and motivated individual to join our finance team as a Financial Accountant.
As part of Shared Services, the Financial Accounting team provide a number of finance activities to business units across BAE Systems. The activities undertaken within the team include
Financial Reporting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Leasing Accounting, Payroll Accounting, VAT Accounting and General Accounting (accruals, prepayments and provisions) which are carried out using various technologies including robotics.
The Financial Accounting team is part of a large Finance function within BAE Systems with many opportunities for progression.
This role will be supporting the VAT Accounting and be sitting within the VAT team. Working within the VAT team you will be responsible for delivering a number of finance activities and processes including preparing and reviewing VAT returns, balance sheet reconciliations, resolving reconciling items and more. Improving internal procedures and standardising our processes across multiple accounting systems will be a key part of the role. The role will also include providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement, governance and financial control based activities.
To help support a positive work life balance, the team operate in a hybrid working environment, allowing a mixture of both home and office based working that suits the needs of both the individual and the business
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Monthly VAT reporting including preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Monthly CIS tax reporting
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems as part of the monthly financial close process including preparation/approval of monthly journals
- Reviewing journals and balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy & ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger with all accounts reconciled and approved monthly
- Supporting the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular customer interaction ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained
- Supporting and leading the team in various compliance and continuous improvement activities. Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities
- Deputising for the Senior Financial Accountant when required
- Providing technical accounting support to the wider team
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as allocated from time to time
BAE SYSTEMS PROPRIETARY
BAE SYSTEMS PROPRIETARY
Your skills and qualifications:
- Part qualified accounting professional, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Have an understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving
- IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating excellent customer service
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Good decision making and influencing skills with a flexibility with an appetite for change
- Good working knowledge of SAP would be desirable
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to prioritise multiple activities
What we're looking for in you:
We are looking for an ambitious and analytically minded accounting professional who is part qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent. Experience in a finance team and an understanding of
Financial Controls and data protection regulations would be essential.
An individual who is logical and meticulous with attention to detail. This individual should also be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to prioritise multiple activities and have the ability to work as part of a busy team environment with experience of delivering to strict deadlines. The Desire and ability to learn and develop new skills and embrace change with a 'can do' attitude.