- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Project Manager - Permanent Way - Perm or Contract
Project management, rail, pway, contract or perm
Project Manager with experience of delivering rail permanent way (PWAY) projects to join the UK arm of a leading international engineering consultancy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an employee focused organisation who are renowned for working on a wide spectrum of flag ship infrastructure projects across the world. This particular position will see you take the lead in the delivery of major pway schemes within a £multi-billion programme which will link communities together but also increase the UK economy.
Ideally this leading brand is looking to secure candidates on a permanent basis but would consider contract workers but the role has been deemed inside IR35.
- Responsible for providing a clear vision and team direction by leading a high-performing team through the effective management, development and empowerment of staff.
- Establish and maintain a good, professional and pro-active working relationship with the Contractor/Delivery partner's project management team where applicable to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
- Within agreed authority levels, negotiate, procure and authorise all project contracts and variations and approve and authorise all payment to meet value for money criteria.
- Responsible for providing effective performance and development management responsibilities for any direct reports, with regards to appraisals and performance management, (such that poor performance is clearly identified and addressed and good performance is recognised and rewarded).
- Agree major project requirements with the Project Sponsor / Contract Manager to ensure that business objectives are met.
- Methodology and governance structures to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
- Identify and manage any interfaces and dependencies between the assigned project and other ongoing network activities/projects.
- Prepare and manage a project implementation plan, including responsibility matrix, detailed programmes and cost and resource plans.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of project governance, reporting and control structures, with issues, risks and decisions escalated through the agreed current Governance arrangements as appropriate.
- Responsible for compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and contributing to the Health and Safety culture, resolving arising
What do you need?
- Personal Track Safety
- Network Rail experience mandatory
- Programme and project management qualifications and accreditations preferred
- Right to work in the UK
In return you will be offered a salary of between £60,000 - £70,000 (dependant on experience) accompanied with a annual bonus, 26 days holiday, pension and other additional benefits.
- If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Send your cv through to email@example.com
- If we think you're a match, I will be in touch for next steps!
- Apply now! What have you got to lose?
Applications close 15/06/2022