- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
A market leading automotive consultancy is looking for a dynamic Project Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
An opportunity exists for a Project Engineer to work on a diverse range of mechanical engineering projects, encompassing IC engines, Electric vehicles, Hydrogen Fuel Cells and other technologies at the forefront of our vision "to create a safe and sustainable world".
To deliver systems from concept to production as follows:
- Prepare Engineering Specifications to define requirements in terms of performance, durability, cost, weight, etc
- Working with the wider engineering team, take responsibility for coordinating the design, analysis and development activities for a given system or systems
- Manage the system DFMEA and DVP to ensure the system is robust
- Progress the design through the project gateways to ensure that parts are released to support DVP activities and meet production timing
- Manage suppliers of components for prototypes, development and production, including hosting meetings and issuing meeting minutes
- Problem solving and issue resolution to maintain the project timing
- Work to agreed quality procedures and validation processes
- Presenting clear and reasoned status reports to internal and external customers
- Occasional support to sales teams in the development of market opportunities through client interaction and proposal support
Required Qualifications and Experience:
BEng degree at 2:1 grade or higher is preferred although other qualifications will be considered.
The successful applicant will have experience in most of the following:
- Previous system or component ownership responsibility
- Experience in a similar role (i.e. PMST, CPMT, Module Leader, Component Engineer, Application Engineer, etc)
- Design and release of components and systems through to production
- Preparing Design FMEAs
- Testing and development of prototype systems through to production
- Supplier management and customer interaction
- Experience of working on mechanical engineering technologies, that may include: IC Engine systems (Base engine, air handling, fuel injection, pumps, etc), Electric Drive Units, Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- An awareness of, or direct experience in the following:
- Supplier Quality Assurance activities, including APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, etc.
- Manufacturing and production engineering
Experience in some or all of the following:
Component releasing, reading and using engineering drawings, FMEA, DVP, Design & Development, SQA, APQP & PPAP, 8D type problem solving, CAD visualisation tools, BOM or ETRS, supplier management.
Excellent PC skills required.
Good report writing and presentation skills are essential.