- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior / Principal Hardware Engineer
Would you like to join a company with Global presence?
The company is at the forefront of innovation, creating technology for a range of successful markets.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a dynamic company who deliver world-class solutions?
The company are an Innovation and Technology leader, solving complex challenges across every domain! The organisation provides advanced systems and services to their customers Globally and have a fantastic reputation in its market.
The Senior / Principal Hardware Engineer will be joining the engineering sensors team, where you will be involved in creating a wide range of products including Air Traffic Management Systems, Digital GPS Anti-Jam Systems and Complex Power Solutions.
You will be working across Electronic Sub Systems, and will be expected to assist in the integration of these designs into products. This is a great opportunity offering the chance to work on exciting technology and product development projects in a collaborative environment, supporting the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines including systems, hardware, mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Technical experience in Hardware / Electronics (preferable in both analogue and digital)
- Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes.
- Experience of interfacing designs into established Systems.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Proven experience in technical leadership across multi-disciplined teams.
- Knowledge of Firmware development, design and test using suitable toolsets (i.e. Xilinx Vivado, ModelSim)
- Good knowledge of high speed digital design (up to 1GHz).
- Experience in FPGA, RF and Power development.
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suite; xDX Designer, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation (Matlab, LT Spice).
- Product Quality Testing and Certification.
- Experience of working with Industry standard toolsets for requirement capture, design and task management (e.g. DOORs, Microsoft Project).
For full information, please get in touch!