- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Motor Control Systems Engineer
We have the opportunity to join an award-winning business, who have a number of successions as a thriving and successful business in the Engineering and Technology Sector!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are an award winning business, with most recently receiving accreditation for two Gold awards with Investors in People. The awards are "We invest in people" and "We invest in wellbeing". These awards are a true testament to the organisation the supportive culture within the company.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join an award winning business, who really care about their people!
- You will sit at the core of a multi-functional design team with the opportunity to influence the complete System architecture including Electronics, Mechanical and Software design disciplines to ensure the needs of the control system design are met.
- You will experience product development across the full product lifecycle taking a design from initial concept or technology development through qualification activities and into production.
- You will work across multi-national teams on projects for customers across our partner nations.
- Opportunities to lead research and development task packages, shaping our future products and practices.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Experience in Control Systems Engineering
- Design and development of control algorithms for digital control systems.
- Ability to model complex real world electronic and mechanical systems such as feedback sensors, motors, drivetrains and drive electronics.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate within internal and external design communities at all levels.
- Technical leadership or coaching of junior team members
- Experienced user of the MATLAB / Simulink toolset and Embedded Coder for the generation of control algorithms ready for deployment within systems. Ideally direct experience in the control of BLDC motors.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous
- Ability to generate sub-system or component requirements from a set of customer requirements in support of system architecture development.
- Knowledge of electric motors and drive / commutation strategies e.g. Field Oriented Control (FOC) or Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) techniques.
- Understanding of DO-178C or DO-331 standards and the code generation processes specified.
For full information, please get in touch!