- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Team Leader
The SMCS Software Team Lead will support the SMCS Software Manager in managing the development and delivery of a number of projects within the Submarine Command System (SMCS) programme.
Software Team Leader - 12 month contract - New Malden - Rate open to negotiations (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct and/or indirect access to ITAR Material which means there are restrictions on dual nationals. Therefore you must hold a British Nationality to apply for this role. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
- Management of software team and resourcing of the workload within the teams to enable achievement of delivery
- Monthly tracking of spend and reporting of progress to stakeholders
- Management of software development life cycle for each piece of work including Requirements Definition & Software Design, through to Implementation, Integration, Testing and Acceptance
- Aid in the career development of team members including bi-annual performance reviews, defining team development, and training and ensuring team members are fulfilling their potential.
- Software Design (Waterfall and/or AGILE)
- Coding standards
- Programming: Ada, C++, C# (incl .Net framework)
- Scripting e.g. VB Script, PowerShell
- Software Integration & Testing
- Change Control and Configuration Management
- Windows Operating System and Networking knowledge
- Exposure to COTS Technologies e.g. VMWare
- Skilled in the use of MS Office (e.g. Project, Word, Excel & Power-point)