- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
My client is seeking to recruit a production technician to join their team and ensure quality products are delivered on time.
My client is seeking to recruit a production technician to join their team and ensure quality products are delivered on time. The production technician's responsibilities will include supervising the control processes, performing various tests on products, writing up reports, diagnosing and resolving problems with products, methods, and equipment, and providing training and general support to the engineering team.
To be a successful production technician, you should display great attention to detail and a sound understanding of what makes a good product. Top-notch candidates are able to identify problems in a product and make clear recommendations to workers on the assembly line.
Production Technician Responsibilities
- Produce a wide range of high-end product for our end customers.
- Use of various engineering practises Drilling, assembly & testing with the occasional wiring.
- Interpret and conduct work from engineering drawings.
- To conduct rework for the 3 main product market groups.
- Responsible to meet deadlines or escalate when unable to.
- Good time management with the ability to work unsupervised and think outside the box.
- Other duties as and when required.
- Ensuring the required materials are available for production, and that the factory is safe for all workers.
- Inspecting machinery and reporting any faults to management and workers.
- Identifying faults and troubleshooting wherever possible.
- Analyzing performance and products, then making suitable recommendations.
- Scheduling training sessions and refresher workshops as required.
- Establishing high-quality standards and ensuring they are implemented by workers.
- Regularly educating staff members on health and safety regulations.
- Implementing preventative maintenance methods.
- Staying up-to-date with efficient methods of production and equipment maintenance procedures.
Production Technician Requirements:
- Knowledge of production required.
- Experience in manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good powers of observation.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
Hours - Mon to Thurs 0800 to 1730 and Fri 0800 to noon
Paid 30min lunch break Mon to Thurs
10 min mid morning and mid afternoon break
23 days leave + 8 bank holidays
All protective clothing and footwear is provided