- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Maintenance & Facilities Engineer
Our client, an ever-growing, leading Aerospace manufacturer are currently looking for a Maintenance and Facilities Engineer to join them on a permanent basis t ensure that EHS responsibilities are always adhered to.
You will report directly to the Maintenance & Commodity Team Leader with dotted line to Value Stream Lead(s). The hybrid role covers all aspects of Plant & Equipment maintenance, from preventive to coordination of corrective maintenance activities. The role is a mix of hands on, and office-based activities and you will have assigned responsibilities in line with responsibilities matrix.
- EHS - Promote a safe workplace environment without risk to health and minimising the impact to the environment. Ensure that all Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and that all accidents and incidents are reported
- Clocking and Booking - Ensure that all required clockings (time and attendance) and bookings (job costings) are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Housekeeping - Ensure that workstations are kept clean and maintained, with all tools and equipment stored correctly. Uphold a clear desk policy
- Quality - Ensure that all Quality standards, processes and procedures are complied with. All work is completed with care and attention minimising wastage
- Cost Management - Support cost reduction and management initiatives through reducing unnecessary expenditure
- Knowledge & Skills - Keep knowledge and training up to date for necessary operations to the best of your knowledge and belief to achieve specification and acceptable standards for your role. For example, Approved Operator (AO) stamp(s) to be kept up to date
- Team Working - Must actively participate in team meetings and be prepared to share knowledge, coach and mentor trainees when required, be willing to be trained in other areas
- Responsible for all assets and their performance within specific Value Stream & Equipment commodity group.
- Coordinate Plant & Equipment issues to successful conclusion, ensuring Permit to Work, RAMS, etc. are reviewed prior to work starting and closed effectively with copies kept.
- Liaise and coordinate suppliers ensuring all contractor works are scheduled and delivered as advised by Commodity Leader.
- Supports development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- With support from Commodity Leader, be nominated owner in line with the responsibilities matrix (maintained by Senior Facilities Engineering Manager). Required to deputise as nominated owner during absences as assigned within the responsibilities matrix.
- Assist the Triage machine breakdowns, plans and task management response to achieve highest levels of equipment up time, and internal customer satisfaction.
- Utilise Maximo Assets & Inv. Management to deliver robust spares forecasting, and maintenance support.
- Schedule & allocate resources to ensure minimum equipment downtime, no overdue PMs, ATSs or Concern Reports.
- Utilises Lean Six Sigma tools to improve equipment reliability. Using Lessons Learned to drive continuous improvement within the function and equipment.
- Supports deployment of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) & Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Ensures applicable value streams equipment achieves KPIs targets (Availability, MTBF and MTTR).
- Attends and provides input to value stream & business meetings and provide regular equipment and status updates to stakeholder
- Support new asset procurement process from a maintenance & standardisation perspective for specific assets via 'Plan for Every Equipment methodology and provides input and support to the Utilities Reduction project.
- As defined by business requirement be on call (rotating) for out of hours support.
- Undertake other tasks and activities as required.
- Proven experience in similar level Plant & Equipment maintenance role.
- GCSE level education or relevant apprenticeship qualification
- Ability to professionally manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational, planning and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Must be a completer/finisher.
- Great interpersonal and written communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels within the business.
- NEBOSH and first aid qualification