- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, an Aerospace manufacturing company based in Hamble, is calling out for Senior/Advanced Manufacturing Engineers.
- Partner with ME & IPT Leadership to identify and enable key demand, resource, capability and contingency requirements.
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
- Facilitate all elements of manufacturing engineering such as process planning, tooling, inspection criteria/equipment, lean methodologies
- Generate internal engineering instructions to enable manufacturing and control costs/quality within the engineering team.
- Understand and liaise with customers to support both internal and external customer needs
- Support the tooling function, identify tooling needs and support tool design from concept through to final design
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe working environment and meet EHS requirements. Support/lead EHS projects
- Identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation
- Track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for production issues
- Lead/support training activities within the manufacturing environment
- Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
- Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives
Project Life Cycle Management Requirements
- Lead New Technology Initiatives (NTI) and equipment upgrades from purchase through to installation and commissioning. Share best practices with other Aernnova locations
- Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) both from a Design for Manufacture (DFM) perspective and operational performance implementation
- Partner with peer group(s) to actively develop and refine common engineering approaches and control e.g. costing / standard times, standard sequencing, resource group alignment, document management etc.
- Define, enable and implement proactive systems in alignment with AS9145 framework strategically across business and applied on critical parts/processes to reduce the potential of failure.
- Define, enable and measure process capabilites.
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Develop project pipeline in collaboration with ME Leads to eliminate / reduce burdensome, repetitive and non-progressive tasks.
- Manage a portfolio of projects in alignment with business objectives whilst being considerate of timing, interfaces and business impact.
- Identify, build and utilise funding, resource & capability routes and opportunities to execute on projects
- Provide project management mentoring of appropriate functions and individuals to ensure a consistent approach to project management, develop talent pipeline and develop the business towards a structured improvement approach.
- Develop and maintain appropriate project rigor and principles, in alignment with peers, to ensure consistent and effective control.
- Provide hands on / impactful input to projects, within scope of knowledge base, whilst ensuring the overall management and delivery of project portfolio is maintained.
- Manage the deliverables from cross function teams (internal & external) to ensure project success.
Engineering Cost Requirements
Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
- Development and control of base cost approach within ERP system ensuring the accurate generation of cost, in correlation to financial cost structure and working business approach from an hour, material cost and sub-contracts costs perspectives. Including generation of Standard/Theoretical Contribution Margin for programmes.
- Facilitate the advancement of engineering bid approach to utilise engineering structure, bill of material, controlled parameters and parametrizes to aid in the optimisation, efficiency and consistency of approach for future work opportunities. Identify technology opportunities to support where appropriate.
- Understand customer needs (internal and external), identify resource requirements, resource and/or prioritise workload accordingly, including management of stakeholders
- Degree/HNC in Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Good leadership skills including coaching and team engagement
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes relevant to the value stream.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments/priorities and achieve results.
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project management skills.
- Positive approach to challenging situations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt trained and certified.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas to meet the customer and/or our suppliers.
- Prepared to work on shift if required