- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Field Customer Engagement Officer
Our water sector client is seeking an enthusiastic Field Customer Engagement Officer to support their Flushables project, working across Hampshire, Kent and Sussex.
The candidate will be part of a team of 4 reporting to a manager and will be responsible for improving a part of key business area that influences the outcome of the strategic objectives of 'removing wastewater effectively' and 'looking after the environment'.
The Customer Engagement Officer is responsible for carrying out the customer facing field activities which will involve responding to localised sewage blockages and educating local households/communities on the need to dispose of wastewater efficiently to look after the environment and sewage networks.
The job involves extensive travel within the Southern water region but candidates can base themselves in Kent, Hampshire or Sussex. This is a specialist role requiring excellent customer facing skills; knowledge of sewage and treatment processes would be advantageous but the technical side of the role can be learned. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys speaking to people and travelling across our clients region. This is an independent role and requires someone who is self motivated and can show initiative.
- Responsible for face to face customer education on FOG & flushables abuse.
- Responsible for sewer network investigations (cover lift, look see etc) at 'hotspots'.
- Responsible for organising and carrying out meetings with target groups(social housing, schools, young families, students etc) some of which may be out of office hours.
- Responsible for liaising with local authorities and other stakeholder organisations to drive shared policy to reduce sewer abuse.
- Responsible for setting up optimised work schedules and records of activities.
- Responsible for analysis of data and measurement of customer behavioural changes.
- Qualified to A level standard or equivalent with an excellent use of English
- Significant experience in a customer facing role.
- Knowledge of environmental and water industry legislation. (not essential)
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of sewer networks. (not essential)
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent and demonstrable presentation/public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload & work unsupervised using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with private and commercial customers.
- Ability to prioritise and accomplish tasks in a challenging environment, think on their feet.
- A clean UK driving licence is essential for this role
- Career progression, training and development opportunities
- Salary up to £29k
- 37 hour working week - candidates may be required to stay overnight and expenses would be covered - generally 4 days on the road and 1 from home - ideally looking for West Hampshire and Kent based candidates but open to all applications
- Company van will be provided
- Company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
- Health benefits through a Cash Plan
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Occupational health service
- Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options