- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal/Lead Analogue Design Engineer
At Leonardo, we have an opportunity for a Principal Analogue Design Engineer. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
You will be involved with PCB level analogue design across Typhoon reporting directly to the AESA CDT team.
You will also be involved in developing a range of cutting edge multifunction PCB designs for airborne radar applications using the latest technologies.
This role will give you the opportunity to work on exciting advanced designs and will give you experience applying advanced manufacturing technology to our electronic systems
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
- Carers (employees who care for someone who is either older, disabled or seriously ill)
- Enable (supporting people with disabilities)
- Equalise (development of a gender balanced workforce)
- Pride (promoting equality for all LGBTQ+ individuals)
- We also work in partnership with AFBE (Association for Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers).
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
What you will do:
- Full hardware development lifecycle for our electronics sub systems. This ranges from system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production.
- Creating high quality and robust designs, managing your designs through the review process, documenting and recording your designs and managing the design from concept to the manufacturing drawing set.
- Providing inputs into plans, progress reports and technical aspects of bids.
- Designing for test and manufacture, creating prototypes for design validation, verification of development models and support for production test.
- Carrying out all detail design activities from requirements capture to design verification.
- Ensuring design reviews are held and successfully passed.
- Providing technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
You must be eligible for full security clearance.
You will ideally have experience in;
- Analogue Sub-System Design.
- Analogue electronic design tools
- Design of Analogue pulse generators and pulse shaping circuits
- Design for EMC/EMI within mixed signal PCBs.
- Design for signal and power integrity
- Power conversion technology and techniques
- Integration of analogue design within a mixed signal PCA.
- Interfacing Analogue designs with digital control & low noise microwave circuits
- Skills in Analogue fault investigation & debug.
- Use of ADCs & DACs for built in test applications
- Knowledge of power supply design and design for power management
- PCB materials selection & design techniques.
- PCB schematic capture tools and the optimisation of PCB layouts for analogue elements within a mixed signal design PCB.
- Requirements capture and management.
- Design for manufacture margin and cost.
We are relentless about inclusion. We understand an inclusive environment is one that welcomes everyone as they are. We see diversity as a strength. We still have some way to go to achieving diverse teams across our whole business. We would like you to be part of our journey to creating that better balance and welcome applications from all individuals from all walks of life as we build a stronger company together.