- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Project Engineering Lead
The Radar and Advanced Targeting line of business, based in Edinburgh, is uniquely positioned as one of the world's top manufacturers of radars, lasers and infra-red countermeasure systems.
Project Engineering Lead
At Leonardo, we have an opportunity for a Project Engineering Lead. Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 7,000 are based in the UK.
In this role you will be the primary technical point of contact and interface between the Engineering Integrated Project Team (IPT) and Management. You will be responsible for ensuring design solutions are consistent with the product requirements managing the work package delivery on budget and schedule.
- Delivery of all aspects from initial concepts, through development and into volume production delivery.
- Coordinate activities across multiple work packages and work closely with the team of lead engineers and design authorities to deliver Product solutions.
- Coordinate activities across the Validation & Verification work packages and work closely with the Test & Integration and T/E Solutions teams to deliver the appropriate T/E solutions to meet the project needs.
- Own and maintain the delivery schedule agreeing appropriate milestones and deliverables with the programme.
- Own and maintain work package resource estimates and work with the Project Engineering Manager to ensure resources are available to support delivery commitments.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life through flexible hours and part time options
- Custom working: The role may be a mixture of home based and onsite
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Network groups : To demonstrate our ongoing commitment to diversity & inclusion we have network groups for
- Training : Free access to Coursera which provides more than 4,000 online courses
- Continuous Learning : You will be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring
- Investors in People : We are proud recipients of the Investors in People Silver Award
- Employee Assistance Programme : Providing free and confidential mental health support
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays and 8 flexi days
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Good, practical, knowledge of the engineering lifecycle.
- An ability to track and manage a diverse set of activities, with numerous interactions and dependencies.
- Strong leadership skills, able to build effective working relationships in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing learning.
We are relentless about inclusion. We understand an inclusive environment is one that welcomes everyone as they are. We see diversity as a strength. We still have some way to go to achieving diverse teams across our whole business. We would like you to be part of our journey to creating that better balance and welcome applications from all individuals from all walks of life as we build a stronger company together.