- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal PCB Design Engineer
Leonardo is a world-class defence technology company. We develop cutting edge Radars for the Eurofighter Typhoon and SAAB Gripen fighter jets, as well as Maritime and Airborne surveillance systems.
You will be able to:
- Create complex multi-layer PCB with multiple design interfaces including RF, digital, FPGA, power supply and mixed signal
- validate manufacturing data to ensure compliance with supplier capability.
- provide legacy support for existing project schematics and PCB layout
- provide advice to electronics engineers relating to design rules for PCB tools, materials and substrate technology
- liaise effectively with external suppliers, PCB Assembly and PCB Fabricator
- keep up to date with new PCB techniques, tools and standards
- ability to communicate effectively with different disciplines both verbally and in written form
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life
- Continuous Learning: You'll be supported in ongoing personal development including access to thousands of online courses free of charge via Coursera
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution
- Flexible benefits: Our company-funded approach to flexible benefits allows employees to make choices appropriate for them. Each employee has access to a wide choice of lifestyle, health and wellbeing options best suited to their individual lifestyle goals.
- Employee discount schemes: In addition to the above flexible benefits, our employees benefit from access to everyday discounts with many high street and online retailers, restaurants and days out.
- Family friendly policies
- Positive support for the Reserve Forces, including additional time off for Reservists
- be responsible for completing PCB designs in accordance with agreed PCB requirements and project timescales.
- create manufacturing data packs and documentation that comply with both company and industry standard processes.
- work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers from across the business.
- participate in the company internal review process.
- assist with work package planning and scheduling to meet project milestones.
You will have an HNC/HND or degree (BSc, BEng) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related subject supported by appropriate fundamental elements and specialisation in PCB tools.
It is desirable you will have knowledge in Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Xpedition Enterprise and Valor tools. You will bring knowledge of other disciplines tools e.g. IO Designer, Hyperlynx, AWR, CST, ADS, Creo