Find your future role
Systems Engineering - Data Fusion
Leonardo has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer on a permanent basis based team (with other locations considered).
Key skills required for this role
Systems Lead, Systems Team Lead, Engineering Lead, Principal Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer
Position subject to security clearance and proof of 5 - year UK residency.
The Systems Engineer will need to be a talented individual from an Engineering, Mathematics or Scientific background, familiar with working in the field of Data Fusion. Application of this within the defence industry, with a mind-set towards system design and development is desirable.
The Systems Engineer will have experience of applying data fusion algorithms to multi-sensor data. A strong background in mathematics and/or physics as well as experience in the development of fusion algorithms will be required to create a system architecture capable of delivering the required functionality. The role inherently requires a strong aptitude for problem solving and an ability to understand complex interdependencies, as well as managing requirements and design inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
This Systems Engineer role is within the Major Air Programmes business group, and will focus on developing sensor fusion algorithms and conceptual capability for a next-generation combat aircraft. The system will provide next-generation Integrated Sensing and Non-Kinetic Effects to provide unrivalled mission effectiveness and platform survivability.
What you will get?
- Advanced Technology: You will have the ability to contribute to the development of market-leading technology and product development, providing advanced capability and protection to UK platforms.
- Sensor Expertise: Leonardo has subject-matter experts with extensive and detailed knowledge of the Sensor domain (RF / EO / IR), technology, performance, and operational capabilities - the learning potential is limitless!
- Continuous Learning: Whether it's sensor knowledge, engineering lifecycle processes, leadership, or personal development, you'll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
- Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
- Sensor Heritage: We are proud of our rich heritage in EW, Radar and EO/IR sensors, with 100 years of pioneering development in some areas such as EW. Today we're providing the latest advances in RF and EO/IR technology, enabling our customers to keep pace with an ever-evolving environment.
What you will do?
- Develop algorithms for data fusion and innovative processing methods.
- Design/Develop data fusion techniques that deliver world leading functional capabilities for a next generation fast jet.
- Embed fusion algorithms within the system architecture to deliver the required functionality.
- Perform analysis and modelling of multi-sensor data sets to demonstrate the effectiveness of developed fusion algorithms.
- Work closely with sensor, communication, data, and fusion subject matter experts.
- Conduct dynamic systems modelling and simulation of integrated airborne mission / sensor / communications systems.
- Create technical documentation to capture/define system design, as well as formal specifications, reports and presentations for delivery to internal/external customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to collaborate with other Leonardo teams, meet with our customers and/or industry partners.