- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
£40,000 to £50,000
£40,000 to £50,000
We are a innovator of renewable energy technologies; designing and manufacture high-performance, low-cost, fuel cell stacks using printed circuit board (PCB) materials and processes.
As a well-funded start-up on a fast-track to becoming a global leader in fuel cell manufacture, deploying its proprietary core technology. Our impact on net zero emissions shall come in the form of sustainable solutions to static and moving power.
We are looking for an experienced Product Systems Engineer to drive our product forward.
* Systems Input to technical feasibility of concept products and product/user requirements
* Initial cost analysis of proposed concept.
* Product proof of concept testing.
* Product feature definition (inc. control interface)
* System and sub-system Requirements generation and management.
* System prototyping for development build. Working with internal fabrication team for component assemblies and skunk work builds.
* System & subsystem test method and test plan generation, execution and management.
* Install & test FC systems and subsystems to carry out testing either in-house or off site
* Test Data analysis and reporting
* Responsible for product certification and project documentation
* Management of key Product risks and test risk assessments
* Product manual content definition
* Specify/develop/install and maintain systems fuel cell test kit
* Supporting production team with initial BOM, end of line test spec and engineering support to production
* Lead on external relationships for subsystem design and procurement
* Self starter, who is high energy, passionate about engineering and sustainability
* Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals (heat transfer, fluid flow, controls, mechanical design, electronics integration).
* Willingness to learn about the technology.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to explain product and systems in a technical and non-technical manner
* Strong problem solving capabilities and attention to detail.
* Ambitious and driven to succeed on a personal and company basis
* Data analysis and report writing.
* Must be able to work as part of a cross-disciplinary team, demonstrate a methodical approach to work and be able to work with minor supervision.
Qualifications & Experience
* A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or practical science subject.
* Mechanical/electrical system engineering experience in an industrial high technology environment.
* Systems/product engineering experience with a knowledge of hydrogen fuel cells including surrounding components, hydrogen supply, vehicle interfaces, stationary power systems and hybridization highly desirable.
* Troubleshooting and rectifying faults, knowledge of systems reliability and analysis.
* Test and Validation experience
* Laboratory working practice and experimental methods in a professional environment
* Use of SW tools to manage project engineering (Jira)
* Customer-facing experience
* Experience of electrochemistry and electrochemical methods (desirable but not essential)
Remuneration & Benefits
* Competitive salary, scaling with experience
* Strong pension contribution
* Salary sacrifice electric car scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance of four times your annual salary
* 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
* Two days paid leave to volunteer per annum
* Employee of the month bonus scheme
* Flexible working