Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 12 Months|
Design Engineer - 12 month contract - Prestwick- £37.92ph UMB or PAYE rates available (Inside IR35)
Key skills required for this role
Design Engineer, Design, Engineering, CATIA
Design Engineer - Catia V5
You will be working as part of the Airframe Engineering team that provides timely technical support, evaluation and response to F-35 Operations to ensure the efficient progression of non-conformances along with other build line and sustainment issues.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Resolution of technical issues ensuring product safety and engineering integrity is not compromised by applying relevant design standards, processes and procedures.
- Ensure continued flow of F-35 aircraft assembly operations and support sustainment actions.
- Review, check and approve work undertaken.
- Review and support the implementation of design change within the Airframe IPT
- Review engineering corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of common issues.
- Ensure an effective, consistent approach is adopted across the F-35 Airframe Sustainment Design Team.
- Interpret existing Design Data and developing new solutions using CATIA v5.
- Identifying areas of Technical Risk and Opportunity.
- Deliver a planned output to Schedule, Quality and Cost.
- Report progress effectively through weekly Operation and Achievement reviews.
- Ensure the ability to develop an independent Authorised Check signatory within the assigned Airframe team.
Skills as a Design Engineer
- Structures and Mechanical Installation design/ development experience.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 and experience in a PDM system.
- Experience in a design engineering role in Airframe Design.
- Previous experience of BAES platforms is preferred.
- Typically hold a relevant engineering qualification to HNC/HND level or above.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of stakeholders.
- Exhibit good decision making skills.
- Experience of independent Design Checking is preferred.
You will be able to work effectively both independently, as well as within a team, with an honest and transparent attitude to the professional working environment.
Good communication skills are essential.