- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Systems Engineer (Remote)
Would you like to join a company with Global presence?
The company is at the forefront of innovation, creating technology for a range of successful markets.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: This role can be done mostly remote, with the expectation of occasional travel to the office location in Wiltshire.
Are you looking for a dynamic company who deliver world-class solutions?
The company are an Innovation and Technology leader, solving complex challenges across every domain! The organisation provides advanced systems and services to their customers Globally and have a fantastic reputation in its market.
Overview of Responsibilities / Skills
The company are seeking to expand their Defence development team which is focussed on the development and integration of strategic systems for the UK Defence market. These systems address a diverse range of military intelligence and planning needs, and focus on information integration, processing, and visualisation in a geospatial context.
The company follow a DevOps lifecycle approach and an Agile development methodology utilising SAFe and SCRUM as core methods. The role will serve both the Space and Intelligence business areas but will initially reside within the Information Exploitation section of the C4I business unit.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including customers, end users, business analysts, development team, and user enablement
- Requirements analysis and management - from capturing customer requirements to developing requirement sets leading to actionable outcomes and value for the customer
- Systems architecture and analysis - defining system architectures, analysing, and reporting on technical data together with an assessment of risk
- Systems design and development - working both internally and closely with the existing strategic partnerships to develop technical solutions
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Provide technical direction within the team
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Systems Engineering experience (ideally across the full systems lifecycle)
- Established background in systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Proven track record of delivering solutions with a customer-first mind set
- Experience of planning, estimating, and defining engineering tasks
- Knowledge of development of Systems of Systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in authoring and managing requirements with industry standard toolsets (e.g. DOORS)
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and the impact these have on requirements management.
- Experience in systems engineering across a Software product.
- Awareness of TOGAF
- Previous experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
For full information, please get in touch!