- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Junior IT Project Manager
Would you like to join a company with Global presence?
The company is at the forefront of innovation, creating technology for a range of successful markets.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance, and as a minimum be living in the UK 5 years.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
Are you looking for a dynamic company who deliver world-class solutions?
The company are an Innovation and Technology leader, solving complex challenges across every domain! The organisation provides advanced systems and services to their customers Globally and have a fantastic reputation in its market.
The Junior IT Project Manager will join the Information Technology function, taking full responsibility for the successful end to end management of key transformational IT projects. The Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, monitoring, controlling, reporting and closure of the UK IT projects.
The IT function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology to drive revenue growth, improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise the customer engagement and alignment.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
- Prior experience in Project Management.
- Demonstrable project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
- Capable of leading technology projects; e.g., multiple stakeholders, teams of up to 5 people, of up to 6 months duration, and up to £0.5m in budget.
- Experience of full lifecycle management of IT Programmes and Projects from inception to delivery, especially solution identification, design, pricing, risk management and early project definition before transition into service operation.
- Experience of the critical project to service transition phase and associated early lifecycle support.
- Proven experience of Project Management Best Practice.
- Ability to understand complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Experience of operating effectively under the governance of a PMO structure.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels within an organisation.
- Solid experience of delivering complex technical projects across the IT domain.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Team Foundation, or other robust scheduling/schedule presentation tools.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office tools.
- Relevant years experience in project management.
- PRINCE 2 and/or PMP certifications.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Ideally experienced with process quality methodology and ITIL.
- Six Sigma qualifications and experience
For full information, please get in touch!