- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Lead/Senior Engineer Technical Support
This role is development and implementation of work package management for the maintenance of Naval Nuclear Submarines.
About the role:
This role is part of the Requirements Planning Team who are committed to the development and implementation of work package management for the maintenance of Naval Nuclear Submarines. Work will facilitate technical support and oversight across a number of concurrent work packages and process activities across Engineering disciplines. This position is a full time, permanent role.
You will be required to provide technical support, management and quality control for the compilation of scope for maintenance work packages. Liaise across multiple organisations to ensure the engineering requirement is clear, concise and coherent. The role is key to maintaining, improving and delivering technical outputs of high quality in support of work packages. Assisting the technical and project team in development of requirements, project scope and solutions for specific work packages. Translating requirements to support all sectors within the Babcock team to inform planning, monitoring and control of maintenance work packages. Providing input to cost and budget monitoring. Whilst also developing Stakeholder management and communications plans. As well as contributing to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
This role offers significant project delivery challenges and presents an excellent development opportunity to support a key programme of work for the next 20 years.
What do I need to do the role?
- The candidate must have experience of working within a project or engineering environment, ideally on Naval assets or services.
- To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will be diligent with an understanding of engineering documentation and ensure compliance with processes.
- You will be methodical, have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent communication and organisational skills, have the ability to prioritise, and work on your own initiative with a flexible attitude.
- HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- APM PFQ (or equivalent) (desirable).
- Ideally working holds or working towards IEng / CEng
What else do I need to know?
- The role is based in North Bristol, Filton
- The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.