- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Radiation Protection Scientist
Our client is looking for 2 Senior Radiation Protection Scientists who have live SC Clearance and hold an RPA 2000 certificate
RPA 2000 certificate
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
The Radiation Protection and Dosimetry Group are part of the Engineering and Science Resource function. We are responsible for providing legal and technical advice to a range of internal and external customers regarding health and safety in relation to working with radioactive materials and other sources of ionising radiation.
No other organisation in the UK provides radiation protection advice across the same range of applications and customers. Our advice covers everything from plutonium manufacturing facilities to forensic laboratories, new build facilities to advice on decommissioning old ones and providing advice on working with some of the most powerful X-ray generating machines in the world to working on national security operations.
We are looking for a certified Radiation Protection Adviser to join our team for a fixed term. Successful candidates will hold a current RPA 2000.
All candidates must will have a minimum SC clearance for the role. Candidates should be willing and able to work in designated areas where the need arises.
Home working will be available and can be discussed at interview.
- To lead the delivery of core radiation protection and dosimetry services within assigned areas of responsibility, manage the day-to-day running of these services and ensure that associated deliverables are completed to a high standard in terms of quality and efficiencies to ensure confidence from customers and efficient ways of working for the business.
- Ensure that radiation protection and dosimetry practices are technically justified and meet the required technical and regulatory standards.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve radiation protection, radiological metrology and\or dosimetry services or technical underpinning.
- Promulgate technical developments in the field of radiation protection, radiological metrology and\or dosimetry.
- Act as subject matter expert for an assigned scientific field of radiation protection, health physics or dosimetry.
- Develop, improve and enhance capabilities assigned to their areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain effective interfaces with stakeholders, understanding their requirements and acting to improve the service for them where possible.
- Promote Right First Time quality culture.
- Participate in continuous professional development and technical exchanges within their field to ensure that AWE uses industry best practice so far as reasonably practicable.
- Represent our client at national and international forums in applicable disciplines.