- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Desktop and Deployment Engineer
One of Matchtech's key Defence client is looking for a Desktop and Deployment Engineer to join on an initial 12 month contract. This role can be based in Harlow or Glenrothes with mainly remote working, the contract is inside IR35.
This new role is responsible for all technical aspects of the application and operating system deployment lifecycle. This will include ensuring that a variety of applications, cloud connectors and plug-ins can be deployed unattended to physical and on premise and cloud hosted virtual workstations working in partnership with other functions and teams
- Develop, test and maintain desktop image and software packages for distribution to user desktops, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Build and maintain images containing operating system and core applications for distribution to user desktops and virtual desktop infrastructure, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Maintain effective application packaging and OS deployment.
- Evaluate technologies, including assessing how they may be developed or deployed to enhance end user service
- Undertaking activities associated with Operational Incident, Problem and Change Management tickets
- Provide support for new business demand through Request for Service ("RFS") or formally managed projects
- Experience of Ivanti products and services
- Experience of deploying cloud workloads and Office365
- Creative communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent and qualified to at least MCITP, MCSE and Citrix CCE-V levels in appropriate / relevant technology
- Strong documentation and a disciplined, process-oriented approach to tasks.
- Experience of design/engineering in end user computing technologies including Systems Centre Configuration Management (SCCM) and Microsoft deployment toolkit
- Independent problem solving and self-directing ability
- Strong automation / scripting skills such as PowerShell, Python
- Experience with cloud native products
- Must be able to understand and apply policy to technical controls
- Strong verbal and written skills, an effective collaborator and able to build and maintain solid relationships
- Working knowledge and experience of design and reference architectures (AWS and Azure)
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience in an IT, science or engineering discipline
** Please note, you must be SC cleared / clearable to apply **
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.