- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our water industry client is seeking ICA Technicians to join their Kent based teams on a permanent basis.
Where ICA Technician posts normally come with significant travel requirements or lengthy overnight stays, our clients' sites are right on your doorstep, giving you the stability and security of full-time employment whilst providing the challenging assignments.
Being based in Kent you will have the benefits of structured hours and standby opportunities giving you greater earning potential. You can earn an annual salary of up to £ £41,343 depending on skills and experience.
You will have access to superb structure of learning and development opportunities to benefit your long-term career aspirations. Our client has a progressive development plan which you will benefit from in this role. They provide training to support development in technical areas specific to the Water and Wastewater industry and manufacture specific development.
- Use your automation or electronic implementation skills on: Maintenance, repair, diagnose, modify, and install Instrumentation systems (including flow, level, pressure, temperature and numerous bio/chemical).
- Understand, interpret and edit parameters/settings in order to maintain, repair modify and install local and remote-control systems including telemetry, radio, programmable logic controllers and computer-based SCADA systems
- Some knowledge of PLC/Comms training.
- Completed at least one of the following qualifications in a relevant field: ONC, HNC, NVQ level 2/3 or a time-served apprenticeship.
- You must hold a full valid UK driving licence and have a good understanding of instrumentation, control, and automation processes.
- As this role is based in Kent you will be regularly attending several sites.
- Commit to an incident support rota (confirmed at interview)
- Career progression, training and development opportunities
- Salary up to £41k depending on experience
- Company van provided
- Company and performance-related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Life assurance payment equal to four times your annual salary
- Health benefits through a Cash Plan
- Two paid community volunteering days a year
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Occupational health service
- Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options