- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Lean Manufacturing Coordinator
Our client, a leading supplier of products and services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for a Lean Manufacturing Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis out of their site in Hamble, Near Southampton.
Do you have experience with lean techniques (i.e. Kanban, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, etc)?
Do you have experience with coaching others or lead activities?
Have you experience with overcoming challenging situation?
Reporting to the Lean Leader the Lean Manufacturing Coordinator will help to lead projects, train and coach members of the organisation in the use of Lean tools and will play a key supporting role in larger programmes. The Lean Manufacturing Coordinator will assist with tackling issues that may require swift problem solving or re-occurring challenges that require in-depth analysis and the implementation of a range of effective and sustainable countermeasures to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
For this role we can consider junior and experienced candidates, therefore, a salary of £28-40k can be considered depending on experience.
Why our client?
Our client are a leading supplier of major civil and military aircraft structures in hi-tech composites, metallic, acrylics and hybrid structures - who are backed by one of Europe's leading aerostructures organisations who themselves specialise in the design and manufacturing of aerostructures and components such as wings, empennages and fuselage sections.
Benefits of working for our client include:
- 26-days holiday as standard (plus the ability to buy/sell holiday)
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Life cover
- Private medical health care (after 2-years of service)
- Discounted Costco membership
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym and restaurant
Following training and support that will be given to those who need it, below is a summary of the key responsibilities for this role:
- Work with appropriate teams & individuals to understand process-based opportunities & issues and implement / facilitate appropriate improvement changes
- Encourage the use of Lean tools to reduce process waste
- Coach teams and share best practices in the use of Lean tools
- Lead training activities in the use of Lean tools
- Manage project teams ensuring motivation and momentum, and be responsible for the successful delivery of the project
- Develop standard processes & procedures to enable individuals to make changes without hands on support
- Manage own performance against agreed goals and objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and participate/lead in action workouts to improve process capability, improve quality, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Prioritisation of workload and project planning to support customer needs
- Participate/lead in local and site wide initiatives
- Proven Lean/CI experience in either an industrial or academic environment
- Positive approach to challenging situations
- Ability to motivate teams and lead change at all levels of the organisation
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including stakeholder management
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of lean techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Engineering background in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Aerospace is preferred but not essential