- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Engineering Manager - Frimley - 12 Month(s) - £73.77 Umbrella
Within the Astute In Build delivery programme team -
- Management of multi-disciplined engineering teams; leadership of engineering resources, system design, requirements, delivery of packages and upgrades inline with the Atute programme deliverables.
- Delivery of projects to meet customer and contractual obligations for cost, quality, timeliness and specification, resolution of engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems and capabilities.
- Development of the systems design to meet a coherent and prioritised set of demands, tailor engineering processes and approaches to develop innovative and creative solutions to contracts and specifications.
- In line with ICS engineering framework, lead and manage engineering staff; ensure each team member is assessed, developed, deployed and skilled to maximise their personal contribution and to meet the requirements of contracts, schedules and specifications.
- Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases following operational framework and LCM policies and guidelines.
- Identify resource requirements through the lifecycle of the project to the sub system teams and ensure they are managed to meet the requirements of the project.
- Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure Products are integrated, safe, fully compliant and delivered within agreed requirements for cost, quality, time and schedule.
- Ensure capability and skills development, performance optimisation and efficient use of engineering and functional resources within the teams to support the Astute In Build programme
- Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific
- requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured
- Interface and influence internal and external (customer and other stakeholders) such that product offerings meet requirements and specifications
- Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained
- Supporting continuos improvement through innovation and lessons learned.
- Requires understanding of a number of engineering disciplines (Systems, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, etc). Is not the 'expert', but is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a number of engineering disciplines
- Requires good understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards.
- Can lead multiple engineering teams. Leading teams of different technical disciplines.
- Realising complex engineering developments to meet exacting specifications and requirements, involving the resolution of conflicts, development of trade-offs and delivery of solutions. Developing innovative and creative solutions to challenging engineering problems and issues
- Management and integration of significant engineering resources. At this level involves complex management for leading and integrating activities of a number of teams
- Influences stakeholders; requires high level of communication with internal Technical and IPT leads, resolving complex interface issues, may be involved in technical discussions and conflict resolution with the customer
- Accountable to Engineering Lead of Astute In Build Programme - for the delivery of ICS (CCSv3.2) allocated aspects to support the design and build programme.
- Ensure maturity targets for the related aspects of the Combat System are agreed with stakeholders both supplier and customers.
- Review and Approval of technical documentation
- Performance Management of Project Engineering delivery teams for Integrated Systems.
- Ensuring Sub System deliverables are aligned to meet agreed Astute milestones.
- Progressive acceptance through design maturity is assured and demonstrated effectively.
- Level of risk associated with any shortfall in maturity is managed effectively and gain agreement with key stakeholders.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.