- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Electronic Product Support Engineer
Electronic Product Support Engineer with experience of Analogue and Digtital design support, including costomer resolution support, obsolescence support and production support.
Position Summary: Engineering support for data acquisition and recording products which form part of in-service aircraft flight-control systems. Become familiar with the design of the products. Resolve customer technical queries. Resolve obsolescence issues. Provide engineering support to technical meetings with the customer. Work with the Production department to resolve technical issues arising on new build and repair. Close involvement with technical design reviews, qualification testing and preparation for same. Maintain and update design and qualification documentation. Experience with analogue and digital electronic components and systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Analysis and diagnosis of technical issues on hardware 30%
Review and update of technical design data packs 30%
Prepare and attend design reviews 15%
Interaction with Production department 15%
Technical interaction with customer 10%
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Proven experience in hardware engineering with a sound knowledge of analogue and digital electronics. The person should also have experience with working with existing products at the later stages of the product lifecycle.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of analogue and digital electronics.
- Experience of design for manufacture.
- Able to keep engineering documentation up to date and under configuration control.
- Eligible to work on NATO Restricted and ITAR projects, and to handle DFARS material.
- Familiar with the engineering development lifecycle and able to work at the later stages of the cycle i.e. in-service support of technology already in the field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to prepare and present technical material to colleagues and customers.
- Any travel will be to customer premises (UK or Europe) for technical meetings or travel to third party test houses (UK or Europe) to perform or monitor qualification testing. This role does not generally involve technical support in the field.
- This role is not suitable for full time remote working.