- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer for a exciting aerospace company making an electric aircraft.
The role is based in Ajdovscina in Slovenia.
We are looking for mechanical engineers to join the Energy Storage Systems development team. The team is expanding particularly in the area of battery systems engineering, which plays a crucial role in the development of all-electric and hybrid aircraft. Daily tasks will include:
- development/Engineering battery system solutions for aerospace applications,
- engineering of battery modules, that meet safety requirements of airborne applications,
- definition of functional and performance requirements for battery systems,
- creation of test plans for systems verification, validation, and qualification for airborne use,
- assist in battery cell characterisation and definition of performance requirements,
- definition of battery system interfaces, mechanic, electric, communication, thermal management, and venting,
- creation of battery system Interface Control Documents,
- design improvements to existing designs,
- creation of new battery integration concepts,
- collaborate with cell/materials suppliers in the process of battery system development,
- support production, maintenance and procurement when transitioning form, a prototype to full scale manufacturing.
What do we expect from the candidate?
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar fields,
- fundamental knowledge in material properties and statics,
- proficiency in 3D CAD software such as Solidworks, Inventor, Catia or similar,
- experience with electric powertrains and battery systems highly desirable, but not required,
- comfortable with complex problem solving,
- ability to work efficiently in a team,
- proficiency in MS Office / Teams products,
- fluent English language communication skills.