- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
People Capability Lead for Electronics Engineering
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security!
Working for the Electronics Head of Discipline, this is an exciting opportunity to support the Electronics engineering team for the EW and CS3 lines of business based in Luton.
What will you get?
- The opportunity to work with, develop and nurture some of the most highly talented engineers in our industry
- Involvement in world-class technology and products at the cutting edge of our industry across a broad product base, directly supporting the growth and success of the company
- You will have the opportunity to influence the design methodology for the Electronics engineering function
- You will be responsible for helping to shape the Technology Processes and Tools we use
What will you do?
You will support the Electronics function in Luton - providing leadership and expertise focused on the requirement to:
- Lead, mentor and coach staff to enhance leadership and technical capabilities within the function as well as grow the knowledge base within the company
- Manage the EW and CS3 (Luton) interface to the external Engineering Extended Enterprise partners and vendors for the Electronics discipline
- Be responsible for the provision of resources & capability to each of the business sectors and Integrated Project Teams, by managing the delivery of the people, skills, tools, infrastructure and process to all projects
- Oversee and approve electronics estimates at the bid stage
- Be responsible for the delivery of the engineering tools plan for the site supporting a common delivery approach across the UK
- Deliver credible, long term and enduring supply plans to deliver projects to budget and schedule as well as meet the demands of the Integrated Business Plan
- Management of the functional budget (including Training/Development plans as well as the capital requirements and any input into the Engineering tools and infrastructure forum) in support of the Integrated Business Plan
- Support and promote process development and business improvement initiatives for Electronics engineering across the UK sites to increase efficiency and effectiveness
What are we looking for?
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills in a high complexity, dynamic environment at a senior level to be able to lead and influence engineers in the team and to interface with other senior functional and sector Engineering leads
- Broad experience of a number of the lifecycle phases within Electronics Engineering
- Experience of assessing appropriate Project Gate deliverables, chairing Peer Reviews and participating in Design Reviews
- Demonstrated performance in delivery of assigned objectives aligned with business KPIs
- Demonstrated experience in the definition and estimation of work packages using design review processes and associated milestones and KPIs
- Mentoring experience (either business or technical institution)
- Experience in negotiations with customers and/or suppliers
- Experience in related non-engineering functions and more than one phase of project Lifecycles