Find your future role
Overall Purpose of the Role:To manage execution of assigned projects, in regard to cost, time, quality, technical performance and to manage critical communications and decisions.
Key skills required for this role
- Ensure new projects assigned are launched with due diligence through the creation of master schedules, resource demand plans, stage plans and budgets for each stage as delegated.
- Manage communications where delegated with all stakeholders both internal and external, (customers, sub-contractors, strategic vendors, and Chess business leaders). Take responsibility for capturing and communicating their requirements and managing their expectations and engagement. Take responsibility for the organisation and recording of all project management related meetings. Maintain a project logbook of meetings minutes, important decisions taken and all communications with commercial impact to the business.
- Manage delivery against key PM documents including:
Master Schedule, Project Management Plan, SoW/Contract Compliance Matrix, Work Breakdown Structure, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description Documents, Responsibility Assignment Matrices,
ensuring such documents remain up to date and relevant to the project's execution throughout.
- Liaise with project team engineering leads and department heads to ensure technical processes are followed, critical success-factors for the project are identified and managed and accurate demand for resources/skills requirements is identified.
- Set up and manage centralised residual action logs to ensure actions from stakeholders and team members are collected and managed through to closure by the project team.
- Manage the awareness and execution of the project schedule to ensure key events and critical stages such as design reviews, acceptance testing, installation, and training etc occur on time and are successful.
- Establish a risk management plan for the project including the identification of risks, owners, mitigation strategies and drive the project team to focus on reduction of risk through attention to risks having the greatest impact on the business and the success of the project.
- Review costs reported weeklyfor all assigned projects, reporting errors and budget risks to maintain accurate position going into a monthly reporting cycle.
- Work with Finance Management and Project Finance Analysts to prepare and update monthly projects reports including management of revenue trading plans, EAC, ETC and forecast margin. Provide summary dialogue to explain changes and recovery / improvement plans where issues occur. Work with Finance team to submit monthly reports on time and accurately to the business reporting schedule.
- Liaise with management team colleagues to ensure appropriate controls are in place for production, data management and retention, invoicing, shipping, and export controls.
- Coordinate and collect (throughout and at the closure of a project) lessons learned and feedback for process improvement and personnel development.
- Participate in and contribute to and support changes arising from continuous improvement and business-process re-engineering associated with the execution and reporting of projects.
- Support and assist colleagues as required in support of business-critical milestones and deliverables.
- Attain and sustain, a working knowledge of all products delivered by Chess including the concepts of use and basic engineering and physics principles associated with them.
- Attain and sustain a working knowledge of all engineering / development processes in use at Chess and their application to the execution of assigned projects.
- Maintain personal ability travel within UK and abroad as required (driving licence, passport etc). This may include occasional driving of B-Class company / fleet vehicles.
- Maintain ability to hold a baseline UK Security Clearance.
- Complete all administrative actions on time and accurately including weekly timesheets and status reports and annual mandatory compliance training modules.
- Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently when required
- A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- A resilient and adaptable approach at all times
Security Clearance Requirements:
Due to the nature of our business, our staff need to be able to obtain UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. Therefore, if successful, you will need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency for at least five years.
Interested in pursuing a career with us? Our benefits listed below:
Work life balance:
- 5 hour week
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Early finish on Fridays
- 26 days annual leave (including 4 Golden Fridays per calendar year)
Family & Wellbeing Standard Benefits - All employees:
- Group Pension Plan - up to 4% matched employer contributions
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including; remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, physiotherapy consultations
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing
- Regular Sports and social activities
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub)
- Recruitment recommendation bonus
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations