Find your future role
Assembler / Solderer
|Salary||£11.18 - £11.96/hour|
Our client based in Littlehampton requires an Assembly Operative to join their busy team.
Key skills required for this role
Solder ,Soldering, Assembly, Manufacturing, Production, Electric, Electronics
Candidates must demonstrate good soldering experience.
Working through an agency, you will perform basic and routine electronic assembly operations on components or sub assemblies. You'll also assemble electronic components, sub-assemblies, and chassis to meet production schedules and performance standards. Duties and tasks are standardised but what is performed will vary day to day.
- Uses Operational Method Sheets, drawings, schematics, electronic assembly equipment and verbal/written instructions to assemble, modify, rework or re-assemble units.
- Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature. The ability to recognise nonconformities is required.
- Communicates openly and effectively in a professional manner.
- Understands and follows all safety requirements.
- Understands and follows ISO practices and procedures.
- Maintains fixturing, performs calibration, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
- May assist with training other AE employees in established processes.
- Travel may be required.
- Considers the impact of quality on the customers when making decisions.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Expected to assist in the training other employees in established processes
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate and contribute to corrective actions.
- Ensures all tasks are performed accurately and completely.
- Demonstrates the ability to be cross trained on multiple product platforms.
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate and contribute to improving processes, lead times, through-put and cost.
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts.
- Basic computer skills such as Word and Outlook and ability to understand AE processes such as Zeus.
- Basic understanding of core SAP applications and ECO and DMR.
- Minimum of 1-year electro-mechanical assembly (or equivalent).
Hours of work are 0700 - 1615 Monday - Thursday & 0700 - 1200 Friday
£11.18 - £11.96 per hour
Immediate start available