- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
Matchtech is looking for a Systems Engineer to join a large Defence organisation on an initial 6 month contract. This role will be based in South Wales with hybrid working, the contract is outside IR35.
This role is for an experienced Senior Systems Contractor working on tactical systems. The role will incorporate the maintenance and modification of the current interoperability solution, and the development of new solutions for exchanging information between the BCIP5.6 tactical system and external systems.
The role will include working on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation.
Key objectives and deliverables will be outlined and the Engineer will deliver tasks in a time critical manner.
Work Tasks Include:
- Delivering small and medium sized engineering projects from initial estimates to delivery and contributing to large tasks from initial estimates to delivery.
- All aspects of system engineering (generation and review of: requirements, use cases and system design in UML, test plans and reports, acceptance evidence).
- Following engineering design processes and standards within the Interoperability Team where relevant.
- Providing ongoing maintenance of the Interoperability Team artefacts (design docs, requirements, test plans, test reports).
- Generating new artefacts when required for a task.
- Working with Security Engineering to ensure implementations are compatible with the Security Best Practice and deliver a coherent Security Architecture.
- Defect management of existing and new defects.
- Reporting status of tasking to BATCIS customer counterpart.
You will also have experience of the following:
- Excellent understanding and experience of supporting and developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is highly desirable.
- Ability to generate well-structured technical documents using Microsoft Office and manage through a review process to release to committed deadlines.
- Ability to present at progress reviews working with the team and external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, fault finding with the ability to pin-point the root cause of an issue as well as problem solving skills.
- Manage own time and effort to achieve task deliverables.
- Demonstrate significant competence and experience practicing as a Systems Engineer and experience working in time critical tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all aspects of the wider System Engineering and Integration process.
- Proficient with DOORS, HP ALM, PTC Integrity Modeller and MS Office.
- Microsoft Windows OS 8.1 and above; Server OS 2012 and above.
- TCP/IP networking and routing and configuring firewalls.
- Creation of Security views as part of a wider System Design.
- Systems Engineering including design, testing and integration experience.
- Experience of TCP/IP networking, software design and development.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Security+ qualification or similar desirable.