- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Leading contracting / sub contracting organisation seeks to secure the services of either a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor level candidate to join their established commercial team in Derbyshire.
Leading contracting / sub contracting organisation seeks to secure the services of either a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor level candidate to join their established commercial team in Derbyshire. If you have experience of working with either the ICC or NEC form of contract and would enjoy working in fast paced, fun environment then please read on.
Having been established for the past 20 years, this leading brand continues to get more and more interest in their services from a variety of clients and now have a large order book for work. The company is great! Very low staff attrition and when people do leave they seem to come back as they have a really good culture, the current Managing Director being a prime example! They are a company that really values their staff as everyone from the receptionist to the MD are hands on, pulling together and adding value on a daily basis.
As Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Compiling monthly/periodically application for payment information;
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team;
- Identification and valuation of variations;
- Implementation of change control procedures;
- Measurement of work done and administration of site records;
- Preparation and issuance of contractual notices;
- Procurement of suppliers and sub-subcontractors.
- Provide support with financial reporting for projects;
- Understand contract requirements and assist with contractual correspondence;
- Understanding of risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team.
To be considered you will need to have:
- Ideally 2:1 honours degree or better in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, or similar;
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative;
- A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels;
- Ability to analyse drawings and designs;
- Ability to interpret and monitor programmes against contractual period for completion dates;
- Above average numeracy and literacy skills;
- An understanding of contractual arrangements;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ideally experience within a rail, construction or engineering environment;
- I.T. skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite (ERP software system also preferable);
- Sound administrative ability;
In return you will be offered a salary of between £40,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience, quarterly bonus, company car or car allowance, 25 days holiday, family healthcare and a pension.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more info or just simply apply online.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.