- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Matchtech are currently recruiting for a Production Planner on behalf of a large MOD contractor.
Production Planner - 24 month contract - Portsmouth - £34.41ph UMB or £29.99ph PAYE (inclusive of holiday pay) (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a BPSS check as part of this process. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct and/or indirect access to ITAR Material which means there are restrictions on dual nationals. Therefore you must hold a British Nationality to apply for this role. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
As a Production Planner your duties will inlcude:
- To assist the Production Planners with planning operations which will include taking a proactive role with the use of the Work Management Tool
- To undertake low level planning tasks using pre-existing libraries in both Change Request and Work Package format.
- Additional duties include but not limited to - sourcing documents, creating work packs, checking/updating locations, document references and work instructions, ensuring suitability to complete the task. All documents should be ready for production and controls in place according to the current process.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that all relevant information is gathered to
allow for effective planning activities
- Undertake low level planning tasks using pre-existing libraries in both CR and
Work Package format
- Create work packs ready for production this includes but not limited to printing
drawings documents, reference material etc.
- Ensure all pre-requisites are met to allow Service Orders to be progressed
through relevant sign off points. This includes ensuring all service orders are
completed with relevant details e.g. locations, recordable flag etc
- Create and maintain, with guidance any work scope tools as deemed necessary.
- Maintain a close relationship with the production trade heads and sub-contractors to ensure that we continuously improve and benchmark our Planning and estimating norms.
- Hold awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
- Have experience in a production planning role previously
- Self-manage and motivate to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time frames with minimal guidance and supervision
- Be able to support other team members and monitor own progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.